Nigeria’s sugar industry has significant opportunities for growth and development as the current domestic consumption far outweighs the local production level. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Nigeria’s demand is 1.5 million tonnes of sugar per year with a potential market size of 1.7 billion tonnes (based on population and recommended daily sugar intake), making it the second largest consumer of sugar in Africa, after South Africa. Nigeria only produces about 2% of raw sugar, while the remaining 98% is imported and refned by a few mills
- Nigerians and E-Commerce
- Much Ado About Nigerian Fintechs?
- Analysis on Profitable Customer Behaviours for Nigerian Retail Banks in 2015
- ‘The Missing Middle’: Providing Innovative Solutions to Financing SMEs in Nigeria
- What Nigeria’s Bank Customers Want: An Assessment of Retail and SME Banking Preferences (2015)